About Me

My photo
Canada
I'm a concept artist/illustrator.

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Indecision

Over to the left we've got a commission I've recently finished. It's taking a while but in between work I'm slowly trimming down my list of personal commissions.

In other news I'm at a fork in the road, I'm in need of 2 new expensive things and I'm not sure what to go for. Prong A is a Wacom Cintiq, the 12WX looks amazing and my Intuos is about at the end of its road, the button linked to my eyedropper has actually got my fingerprint pressed into it... into hard plastic. It's pretty neat actually. Another thing about the Intuos is that I really dislike using my wrist to draw, I miss using my shoulder and arm like I do with a pencil and paper, and hopefully a Cintiq would remedy this.

The other path I could take is a new computer. I have my lovely Macbook Pro for my painterly needs, but I need to start doing 3D for Infinite Ammo projects, and for that I use SoftimageXSI, which I need a PC to use. Hrm. A new PC would also let me play PC games again, because lets face it, gaming on a mac isn't gaming at all.

Now I've already ruled out things like Bootcamp on my mac with a windows OS because I don't want to overkill my poor little laptop, I'm on it 24/7 already. A computer would actually be less expensive than a Cintiq as I have a sexy monitor already, and a fantastic boyfriend who can build one for me, all I need to buy is parts!

I guess most signs point to a new PC, but every time I see one of those Cintiq videos I just melt a little.

I just have to decide which one I can afford to wait a bit for... boy this is tough.

2 comments:

Holly said...

As much as I dislike using PCs, considering your needs I'd go for the new comp if I were you. I think the need to do 3D is more important that the fingerprint crater on your tablet XD Who knows, maybe you'll be able to get your hands on a cintiq soon after that, especially if you keep doing such pretty commissions ;)

By the way, nice to see you update again.

Katie De Sousa said...

Thank you, Holly! Yeah, I think I'm gonna go with the new PC ;D