About Me

My photo
Canada
I'm a concept artist/illustrator.

Monday, February 2, 2009

Beauty and the failure.

Commission time! Nothing fancy, was commissioned to create a painting of belle with the enchanted rose like a millennium ago. This took me ages to do because I just couldn't get the right feel or emotion or... something. Each time felt like failure, but failure is just an opportunity to learn something new, and I did learn!

I've been feeling a little uncertain of where to take my art at this point, I have a lot of ideas for things I'd like to do, or techniques I'd like to master, but I guess I have too many ideas and I'm not sure what to do first. I'm working a lot with Volta, it's great, they're probably the best people I've ever freelanced for, and I have lots of commissions to work on, but personally, I'm not sure where I should go with my art. I guess I should just pick something and do it. :D


Anyway, I thought I'd post all my beauty failures here so people can see, haha~

5 comments:

Kyle said...

Wow... Nice Work!

It really came out the best in the end. :)

Holly said...

It's beautiful but I would have killed to see the last but one finished, I love its feel :D

But that's dedication - 8 tries for a single commission. No wonder it takes you ages !

DarkOukami said...

nice feeling on it, the best composition of them all I think.. but, isn't the left arm like.. huge!?... that hand looks bigger than the other one...

Fizz said...

I actually really like the forth image from the left, probably the best! All of them are beautiful though :)

Anonymous said...

i actually like the "failures" more! i love the compositions and the way you did her hair in them. i wish you'd posted bigger versions!